2D Image Processing
Single images may be enhanced, cropped, resized, labelled and generally alterred using a number of
specialized and off the shelf programs.
- Laser Sharp: pic files only. Advanced processing. Only on OS/2 systems.
- Confocal Assistant: pic, tif or bmp format files. Simply processing.
- LViewPro: good for resizing and cropping and very simple processing. pic, tif or bmp format
files, but not Bio-rad pic format.
- Photoshop: great for single image enhancements, color merging and general image processing.
Supports bmp, tif and many other commonly used image formats but not bio-rad pic images.
- bmfunctions: command line programs process single bitmaps or bitmap stacks or time lapse
bitmap series. These programs bam be used from a DOS Box provided by Windows95 or
WindowsNT (32 bit DMPI DOS box) and use command line parameters to perform specific
tasks. Note that pic format images must first be converted to bitmap series using Confocal
Assistant or pic2bmp.exe and can be converted back into pic format using bmp2pic.exe.
Return to Cell Biology Confocal Home page.